Thursday, December 23, 2010

24 hours until Santa arrives

Okay, it is approximately 24 hours until Santa arrives and I am still wrapping presents.  I actually asked my son if he preferred for Santa to wrap the presents or just put them under the tree in hopes that he'd pick the later.  He picked the wrap.  My spare bedroom where all of the presents are stored has actually been "off limits" for several months already.  It is very messy and I just used storing presents as a deterrent to keep everyone out of that room.   The jig is up now so I have to clean it I suppose. 

I recently had a baby and due to my advanced maternal age, had decided that I might not make it through the delivery.  So, I planned ahead and had all of my son's Christmas shopping done and wrapped; just in case I died giving birth.   I really didn't want to ruin his Christmas. My husband is the classic procrastisanta so I knew he'd never be able to get it all done.  I even shopped for and wrapped his birthday gifts as well (his birthday is in March).  So, there is really no reason for me to still be wrapping other than the fact that I survived the birth and decided to keep shopping.   My mother seems to think that my dying may have put a damper on things, but I really thought that having all of the gifts from my husband, myself, and Santa everything would just kind of go on as normal. 

It seems that nothing around here is normal.....

No comments:

Post a Comment